by Suzanne Virgilio
These muffins always got rave reviews when served to guests at our inn, especially when “Scholl’s” peaches are in season. You will no doubt be asked to share this recipe as the possibilities of creating a different muffin is as easy as choosing whatever fruits are available throughout the spring and summer.
Yield: 2 dozen 4-inch muffins, or 1 dozen 6-inch muffins
Bake Time: 18-20 minutes for 4-inch muffins | 25-30 minutes for 6-inch muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Granola Factory Honey Pecan Granola
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, cut into pieces, softened
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients
- Using clean hands or a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture until butter is incorporated and resembles small peas. Set aside.
- 1-cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 12-16 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray muffin pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter & granulated sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time and mix after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and fold to combine using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups
- Top batter with sliced peaches and prepared granola-streusel.
- Bake according to size of muffin (see above) and test with a toothpick for doneness.
- Allow to completely cool before removing from pan.