Prep: 20 minutes | Inactive Time: 3 hours. | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb. skinless fresh salmon fillet.
- 1/2 lb. smoked salmon, thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 box crackers
Cut the fresh salmon and smoked salmon in 1/4-inch dice. Place the salmon in a mixing bowl and add the lime juice, shallots, olive oil, dill, capers, two mustards, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a 3 hours for the salmon to marinate.
When ready to serve, dish salmon mixture into a serving bowl and garnish with dill. Serve with crackers and lemon slices.
Recipe adapted from Ina Garten