Time: 30 minutes | Yield: 12 servings
- 1 baguette bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- Maldon Sea Salt or other big flake salt.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 6 large ripe figs
- 12 slices of Serrano ham
- Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil with crushed garlic clove in microwave for 45 seconds. Allow to set for a few minutes
- Toast baguette slices at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. While they are still hot, brush them with the garlic-infused olive oil and lightly sprinkle with crushed sea salt.
- Combine the goat cheese, almonds, fresh mint and mix well.
- Slice figs into eighths and mix them with balsamic to add moisture and flavor.
- Serving: Spread Goat cheese on toasted bread, top with slice of serrano, then figs, and garnish with a mint leaf and freshly ground black pepper.
Recipe By Suzanne Virgilio